American Topical Association Hot Spot
The American Topical Association is bringing one of their Hot Spots to the Southeastern Stamp Expo in 2020.
ATA Hot Spots are focused gatherings of ATA members and Topical stamp collectors with special elements of content that will appeal to those who collect stamps by topic.
Read the flyer from the ATA to learn about their offerings, and visit their website. See the list of specific content below that will be of interest to those who collect stamps by Topics.
What's On at the ATA Hot Spot
- Meet ATA President Dawn Hamman and new Executive Director Jennifer Miller
- Come by the ATA Society Table outside the Ballroom. And while you're there, visit the tables for ESPER (Ebony Society of Philatelic Events and Reflections), SOSSI (Scouts on Stamps Society International), and the AFDCS (American First Day Cover Society)
- Join Prez Dawn for an ATA Round Table at noon on Saturday in the Cobb Room. Come for the latest news on topical collecting and the American Topical Association. The meeting includes a presentation on the most popular topics people are collecting today,
- Learn about collecting the Woman Suffrage topic on stamps with Kris McIntosh at 11 am on Saturday in the Cobb Room (While you're at it, check out the entire Schedule of Events!)
- Join ESPER President Dr. Warachal Faison at 1 pm on Saturday in the De Kalb Room for her talk on a famous African-American who championed women's rights. Warachal is travelling from New Jersey to be with us, and wants to meet you!
- Join us Friday at 11 am in the Norcross Room for a United States Postal Service Stamp Dedication Ceremony on the Gwen Ifill Black Heritage Series Commemorative Stamp. Get a free Ceremony Program franked with the new stamp and a commemorative postmark, then get your program signed by the dignitaries.
- Several Exhibits of Thematic Material in our Exhibit Frames. Check out the full list of Exhibits
- Join us for the Women Leaders in Philately Meet 'n Greet at 2 pm on Saturday. We're showcasing six amazing women leaders of our hobby, including Dawn, Jennifer and Warachal. Please Register for this event.
- Don't miss the Cachetmakers Bourse all day Saturday. Many topics celebrated on United States stamps over the last few years will be found on the beautiful cacheted First Day Covers available from these dealers. The bourse is outside the Hunnicutt Ballroom near the Society Tables
Lastly, don't forget about adding to your collection. The following dealers have indicated to us that they do have stamps and philatelic items categorized by topic, and would love to show you their wares. Please consider patronizing these dealers. Their table fees are making this show possible.
- Collectors Exchange - Website
- Dutch Country Auctions - Website
- Denny Peoples
- Sterling Stamps - Website
- Weisz Stamps and Covers - Website
Many other dealers will have topical stamps, but you may need the Scott Catalog number to find them. View the full list of dealers here.